Hi guys! I have a ‘monster’ post for you today, packed full of recipes, product and retailer links, and tips on how to have the best vegan Halloween ever! This is the Ultimate Guide to Vegan Halloween Treats!
Navigating social gatherings and holidays as a vegan (or gluten free person) can be a challenge sometimes. Halloween is definitely one of those times, especially when you have kids! As a parent, you want your kids to enjoy all of the fun things about being a kid, and you also want them to be as carefree as possible. I’m a mom of two boys, who are 13 and 6, and both have been vegan since birth. I try to make it as easy as possible for them to feel included in social situations by bringing food to gatherings that is a vegan version of what everyone else is having. (Most kids parties have pizza and cake, so I bring a vegan pizza and some vegan cupcakes, and the kids are so busy being kids, no one ever cares that my kids are eating something different – they’re just busy being kids. It’s more of a Mom thing to be concerned about this!) If it’s a potluck situation it’s a great opportunity to bring something that is familiar to non-vegans. If you do a good job of it, most people will never even notice that it is vegan or gluten free, and because so many people are either vegan curious, or know someone who is vegan, you’ll find that most are very open to trying vegan or gluten free options. When it comes to Halloween candy, there are some candies that are ‘accidentally vegan’, not necessarily healthy, but don’t contain animal products. Thankfully, there are also some great candy options from companies that make all natural, vegan treats (with many gluten free options as well!). Here is a list of vegan Halloween treats that you can make or buy to make your Halloween fun for everyone! Items that are also gluten free are marked (GF). Enjoy!
Let’s kick this off with some homemade sweet and savory recipes for Halloween treats that are ready to party (links below images):
- Jack Skellington Mounds Cups by Beaming Baker (GF) Recipe Here
- Healthy Caramel Apples Six Ways by Half Baked Harvest (GF) Recipe Here
- Spooky Black Bean Humus by Fat Free Vegan Kitchen (GF) Recipe Here
- Candy Skull Crushers by Wallflower Kitchen (GF + Raw) Recipe Here
- Arachnophobia Cookies by Wing It Vegan Recipe Here
- Mummy Cupcakes by Vegan Huggs (GF) Recipe Here
- Baked Mashed Potato Witch’s Fingers (GF) by Love is in My Tummy Recipe Here
- Halloween Carrot Cakes with Witchy Green Avocado Buttercream by Trees, Love and Happiness Recipe Here
- Halloweegan Coffee Cake by Wing it Vegan Recipe Here
- Spooky Skull Vegan Pot Pies by Healthy Slow Cooking Recipe Here
- Easy Ranch Popcorn by (Me!) Cheftographer Recipe Here
- Halloween Potato Pizza Mummies (GF) by Vegetarian Gastronomy Recipe Here
- Vegan Ghost Cupcakes by Wallflower Bakery Recipe Here *This recipe says to use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and she gives a link to a spelt based cupcake recipe, and recipe for the adorable marshmallow fluff ghosts. If you need a vegan, gluten free chocolate cake recipe, you can use my recipe for Chocolate Lover’s Cake*
- Dark Chocolate and Orange Sandwich Cookies by The Misfit Baker Recipe Here
- Vegan Halloween Monster Donuts by Namely Marly Recipe Here
- Chocolate Mouse Graveyard by Sofia Von Porat Recipe Here
- Vegan Cheese Ball by Vegan Richa (GF) Recipe Here
- Peanut Butter Apple Lanterns (GF) by Vegan Yack Attack Recipe Here
Whew! That’s a lot of beautiful Halloween Food!!